CIW User Interface Designer
- Course Fee: £525
- Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- eLearning Course leading to certification from CIW
- Students have 6 months to complete the course and can start at any time of the year
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
CIW is the world’s fastest-growing vendor-neutral Internet skills training and certification program for students and professionals. The CIW User Interface Designer course introduces strategies and tactics necessary to design user interfaces, with particular emphasis on creating user interfaces for mobile devices. User Experience Design (UXD or UED or XD) is the process of enhancing user satisfaction by improving the usability, accessibility, and pleasure provided in the interaction between the user and mobile apps and websites.
This certification focuses on knowledge of specific development techniques and strategies. Students who earn this certification will have a deep knowledge of user interface design. The CIW User Interface Designer course prepares candidates to take the CIW User Interface Designer exam, which, if passed, earns the individual the CIW User Interface Designer certification.
Students are provided with the following resources:
- Comprehensive online course materials covering the entire syllabus.
- eLearning resources – exercises, quizzes, flashcards and a glossary.
- Exam Study Guide – condensed study material on the specific skills objectives you need to master for the exams.
- Exam Pre-Assessment and Practice Exams.
Who should complete this course?
- Professionals in all industries can benefit from the CIW User Interface Designer certification: particularly Web designers, Internet consultants, IT professionals, Marketing professionals, Web and graphic artists, and Business professionals.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- No prior experience of User Interface Design is necessary, students should be familiar with the basics of web design to benefit from the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Course
Introduction to User Interface Design
- What Is User Interface Design?
- Evolution of Web User Interfaces
- Current Trends in Web Design
- Web Design Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Web Design Project Management
- Collaborative Web Design
- Creating a Web Design Portfolio
- Creating a Plan for a Web-Based Business Project
User Interface Design Process
- Choosing a Web Design Methodology
- Creating a Web Site Vision Statement
- Creating and Implementing a Web Site Strategy
- Creating a Web Site Specification
- Publishing a Web Site
- Choosing a Web Site Host
- Securing a Web Site
- Creating Ethical and Legal Web Sites
- Creating a Mind Map
- Using Metaphors
- Creating Word Lists and Mood Boards
- Creating a Site Map
User-Centred Web Design
- User-Centred Web Design
- The Cognitive Psychology of Web Design
- Personas and Usability
User Interface Design Principles and Legal Guidelines
- Web UI Design Principles
- Visual Design Principles
- Legal Issues Impacting Web Design
- Lesson Summary
Colour, Typography, Layout and Wireframing
- Colour, Typography and Layout
- Wireframes and Mockups
- Responsive Web Design
Designing a Basic Web Site
- Creating a Web Site
- Part 1: Creating One Site Page
- Part 2: Creating the Remaining Site Pages
- Spell- and Grammar-Check the Site
- Why is Web Site Navigation So Important?
- Site Structure, Directory Structure and URLs
- Positional Awareness
- Primary and Secondary Navigation
- Navigation Elements
- Navigation Conventions and Principles
- Creating a Navigation System
Designing and Developing a Professional Web Site
- Why is Prototyping So Important?
- User-centred Web Design
- User Interface Design Patterns
- Optimizing the look and feel of a Website
- Focus on Web Forms
- GET and POST
- Constructing a Professional Web Site
- Web Framework
- User Interface Libraries
- Web Content Management Systems
- Additional Web Development Tools
- Web Hosting Services and Domain Names
Site Publishing, Maintenance, Security, and SEO Strategies
- Making Sure a Web Site is ready to be published
- Maintaining a Web Site
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- SEO and Written Site Content
- SEO and Mobile-Friendliness
- SEO and Metadata
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Diploma in User Interface Design from CMIT.
- You may optionally take an exam to receive CIW Certification. CIW exams are completed at home or work at a time that suits you, using a proctored (supervised) exam. Your webcam is used to supervise you during the exam. For details and how to book an exam click here
- Following successful completion of the CIW exam, you will receive a certificate from CIW to confirm “CIW User Interface Designer” certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details