Cisco CCNA (2020 version)
- Course Fee: £395 (Course commences July 2020)
- Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Cisco approved eLearning Course for Cisco Certifications
- eLearning course leading to certification from Cisco
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This course is designed to prepare learners for the latest CCNA exam. Cisco CCNA certification prepares learners for today’s associate-level job roles in IT technologies. This latest CCNA certification includes security and automation and programmability. The certification covers a broad range of fundamentals for IT careers. Newly created taking into account the latest technologies and job roles, the CCNA training course and certification covers a range of topics, including:
- Network fundamentals
- Network access
- IP connectivity
- IP services
- Security fundamentals
- Automation and programmability
This Cisco eLearning course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This course gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- FlashCards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average, 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this Cisco CCNA eLearning course?
- This course is designed for anyone who needs CCNA certification. The course also provides foundational knowledge for all support technicians involved in the basic installation, operation, and verification of Cisco networks.
- Entry-level network engineers.
- Network administrators.
- Network support technicians.
- Help desk technicians.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- None. It is however recommended that students have basic computer literacy, PC operating system navigation skills, Internet usage skills and basic IP address knowledge.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Cisco CCNA eLearning course
- Components and basic characteristics of a computer network
- The model of host-to-host communication
- The features and functions of the Cisco Internetwork Operating System software
- LANs and the role of switches within LANs
- Ethernet as the network access layer of TCP/IP and the operation of switches
- Installing a switch and performing the initial configuration
- TCP/IP Internet layer, IPv4, its addressing scheme, and subnetting
- TCP/IP Transport layer and Application layer
- Functions of routing
- Implementing basic configuration on a Cisco router
- host-to-host communications across switches and routers
- Resolving common switched network issues and common problems associated with IPv4 addressing
- IPv6 main features and addresses, and configuring and verifying basic IPv6 connectivity
- The operation, benefits, and limitations of static routing
- Implementing, and verifying Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs) and trunks
- The application and configuration of inter-VLAN routing
- The basics of dynamic routing protocols and describe components and terms of Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP)
- Configuring link aggregation using EtherChannel
- Purpose of Layer 3 redundancy protocols
- Basic WAN and VPN concepts
- The operation of Access Control Lists (ACLs) and their applications in the network
- Configuring Internet access using Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) clients and configuring Network Address Translation (NAT) on Cisco routers
- Basic Quality of Service (QoS) concepts
- Concepts of wireless networks, which types of wireless networks can be built, and how to use Wireless LAN Controllers (WLCs)
- Network and device architectures and an introduction to virtualization
- Introduction to the concept of network programmability and Software-Defined Networking (SDN) and smart network management solutions such as Cisco DNA Center™, Software-Defined Access (SD-Access), and Software-Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN)
- Configuring basic IOS monitoring tools
- The management of Cisco devices
- The current security threat landscape and threat defence technologies
- Implementing a basic security configuration of the device management plane and basic steps to harden network devices
- You may optionally take exams to receive certification. Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Windows 7 or Windows 8.
- 1Gb of Memory.
- Flash Player 8 or higher.
- Internet access with Internet Explorer 7+, Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
- Following successful completion of the exams, you will receive Cisco certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details
Student Reviews of this Course