ILM Award in Leadership and Management
- Course Fee: £345
- Certification Fee: £50 (fee to cover accreditation body’s certification costs and administration)
- ILM Award in Leadership and Management online course Level 5 (UK).
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM
- The course is completed over 6 months. Learners work at their own pace, and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This course equips existing managers (or those considering a career in management) an excellent overview of Management and Leadership practice. It includes a detailed look at Management and Leadership styles, the key theories of management, the impact of management and leadership styles in the organisation environment. In addition, it covers the area of quality management and business improvement planning.
By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Video, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this ILM Award in Leadership and Management online course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this ILM Award in Leadership and Management online course?
- Existing Managers and Supervisors who wish to gain a formal accredited qualification in management.
- Managers and Supervisors who have responsibility for managing or supervising others.
- Managers in business who have direct reports and wish to learn best-practice techniques in management.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- Level 3 certificate or equivalent qualification and/or relevant life and work experiences.
- As this is a Level 5 (UK) professional qualification, learners will be expected to reference their assignment work to a high academic standard.
- Candidates must be fluent in English with excellent written English Skills in order to achieve the assessment criteria. Queries on the standard required can be directed to the college.
- The assessments for this course draw on candidates own practical experience and as such candidates need to be working or have access to an organisation in which they can plan, execute and reflect on a number of management activities.
- As this programme is delivered through distance learning, students must be capable of studying on their own initiative.
- A basic working knowledge of computers and access to a computer with internet access is required to do the course.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this ILM Award in Leadership and Management online course
Unit 1: Management and Leadership
- Management v. Leadership
- Leadership Styles
- Power Based Theories
- Transformational Leadership
- Transactional Leadership
- Situational Leadership
- Handy’s Best Fit approach
- Adair’s Action Centred Leadership
- Overview of Competencies
- Personal Skills
- Professional Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Management Development Options
- Skills Audit and Development Plan
Unit 2: Managing Improvement
- How Organisations Compete
- What is Quality Management?
- Quality Systems
- Quality Monitoring
- Quality Metrics
- Measuring Customer Metrics
- Conducting a Quality Audit
- Business Improvement Planning
- Performance Standards
- Action Planning
- Monitoring Results
- This course is assessed through a series of tutor-marked assignments.
- All work submitted must be your own work. There is no exam with this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- Following successful completion you will receive an ILM award in Leadership and Management (Level 5 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This is an award on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF). CMIT is an approved ILM centre.
- Click here for Accreditation Details