CompTIA Security+ (new version)
- Course Fee: £345 or Any 2 CompTIA courses Special Offer £455
- Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Approved CompTIA eLearning Course
- eLearning course leading to certification from CompTIA
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The CompTIA Security+ Course covers many vendor neutral topics including different types of threats and attacks, networking technologies and tools, secure design and architecture, identity and access management, risk assessment and management, and finishes up with Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure. This covered everything from the ever-expanding virtualization of various computing systems to industry management of smart devices. These topics will be covered from a ground-up perspective so that even inexperienced students will be able to follow along. IT security is an ever-growing field and its importance is recognized universally throughout the industry. This security+ course will cover security concerns from both a professional setting and on a personal level. This gives students who do not plan to apply their certificate in the immediate future the benefit of keeping up to date on the latest security practices and techniques that they can follow to keep themselves secure in a digital world. Each of the modules of this course is designed to align with the official objectives of this certification and expand past the scope of the certification to allow for real-life application. They give the student some real-life examples of various attacks or security practices that they can both apply in real life or use to further their understanding of a course objective.
This comprehensive elearning course prepares students for the Security+ Certification from CompTIA. The course is completed online, at your own time, at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests. The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Install and configure systems to secure applications, networks and devices.
- Perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques.
- Participate in risk mitigation activities.
- Operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws and regulations.
This CompTIA Security+ Course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flash Cards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this CompTIA Security+ Course?
- IT Managers, IT Security personnel, Programmers and Developers, IT Security Managers.
- People considering a career in IT Security Management.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- None. It is however recommended that students have CompTIA Network+ and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus or equivalent knowledge.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this CompTIA Security+ Course
Threats, attacks and vulnerabilities
- Analyse attacks.
- Viruses, malware, crypto-malware, bots, spyware, keyloggers, trojans, toolkits, etc
- Compare and contrast attacks.
- Social engineering
- Wireless attacks.
- Penetration testing.
- Impact of vulnerabilities. Scanning concepts.
Technologies and tools
- Firewalls, routers, loads balances, access points, DLP, NAC, Proxy, SIEM, VPN.
- Assess security posture of an organisation.
- Protocol analyser.
- Troubleshoot security.
- Deploy mobile device securely.
- Secure Protocols.
Architecture and Design
- Industry frameworks and reference architecture. Benchmarking.
- Defense and layered security.
- System security design: hardware, firmware, operating systems, peripherals.
- Cloud and virtualisation.
- Embedded systems.
- Physical controls
Identity and access management
- Configure identity and access
- Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA)
- Multi-factor authentication
- Risk management
- Organisational security
- Business analysis
- Risk Management
- Disaster Recovery
Cryptography and PKI
- Algorithms, Hashing, Salt, IV, nonce, diffusion, obfuscation, key strength,
- Identification, authentication, Authorization and accounting (AAA)
- Multi-factor authentication
- Authentication protocols
- Sample exams that will help you prepare for the CompTIA security+ exam.
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Diploma in IT Security from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive certification. Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- Following successful completion of the exams, you will receive CompTIA certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details