CompTIA Security+ (new version)
- Course Fee: £355 or Any 2 CompTIA courses Special Offer £455
- Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Approved CompTIA eLearning Course
- eLearning course leading to certification from CompTIA
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
CompTIA Security+ course is a global certification providing the skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
In this CompTIA Security+ course, you will learn how to explain threat actors and threat intelligence, compare security roles and security controls, and perform security assessments in order to identify social engineering attacks or malware. You will also gain knowledge on basic cryptographic concepts, authentication controls, data privacy, account management, network security protocols, and many other topics.
IT security is an ever-growing field, and its importance is recognised universally throughout the industry. This CompTIA Security+ course will cover security concerns from both a professional setting and on a personal level. This gives students who do not plan to apply their certificate in the immediate future the benefit of keeping up to date on the latest security practices and techniques that they can follow to keep themselves secure in a digital world. Each module in this course is designed to align with the official objectives of this certification and expand past the scope of the certification to allow for real-life application. They give the student some real-life examples of various attacks or security practices that they can both apply in real life or use to further their understanding of a course objective.
This comprehensive eLearning course prepares students for the Security+ Certification from CompTIA. The course is completed online, at your own time, at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests. The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Assess the security posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions.
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT.
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance.
This CompTIA Security+ Course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- FlashCards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this CompTIA Security+ Course?
- IT Managers, IT Security personnel, Programmers and Developers, IT Security Managers.
- People considering a career in IT Security Management.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- None. It is however recommended that students have CompTIA Network+ and two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus or equivalent knowledge.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this CompTIA Security+ Course
Threats, attacks and vulnerabilities
- Analyse attacks.
- Viruses, malware, crypto-malware, bots, spyware, keyloggers, trojans, toolkits, etc
- Compare and contrast attacks.
- Social engineering
- Wireless attacks.
- Penetration testing.
- Impact of vulnerabilities. Scanning concepts.
Technologies and tools
- Firewalls, routers, loads balances, access points, DLP, NAC, Proxy, SIEM, VPN.
- Assess security posture of an organisation.
- Protocol analyser.
- Troubleshoot security.
- Deploy mobile device securely.
- Secure Protocols.
Architecture and Design
- Industry frameworks and reference architecture. Benchmarking.
- Defense and layered security.
- System security design: hardware, firmware, operating systems, peripherals.
- Cloud and virtualisation.
- Embedded systems.
- Physical controls
Identity and access management
- Configure identity and access
- Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA)
- Multi-factor authentication
- Risk management
- Organisational security
- Business analysis
- Risk Management
- Disaster Recovery
Cryptography and PKI
- Algorithms, Hashing, Salt, IV, nonce, diffusion, obfuscation, key strength,
- Identification, authentication, Authorization and accounting (AAA)
- Multi-factor authentication
- Authentication protocols
- Sample exams that will help you prepare for the CompTIA security+ exam.
- Once you successfully pass the programme(s), you will be able to download a CMIT Digital Certificate of Completion. This can be accessed via the Progress Reports section located on the top right side of your eLearning platform.
- You may optionally take exams to receive certification. Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- Following successful completion of the exams, you will receive CompTIA certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details