CompTIA A+ Technician
- Course Fee: £355 or Any 2 CompTIA courses Special Offer £455
- Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Approved eLearning course leading to certification from CompTIA
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The CompTIA A+ Technician Course is the industry standard for computer support technicians. The international, vendor-neutral certification proves competence in areas such as installation, preventative maintenance, networking, security and troubleshooting. CompTIA A+ certified technicians also have excellent customer service and communication skills to work with clients. CompTIA A+ is part of the certification track for corporations such as Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, Cisco and Novell. Other technology companies, including CompuCom and Ricoh, have made CompTIA A+ certification mandatory for their service technicians. More than 900,000 people worldwide have become CompTIA A+ certified since the program’s inception. This comprehensive elearning course prepares students for the A+ Certification from CompTIA. The course is completed online, at your own time, at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests.
This A+ Technician Course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flashcards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams comprise a maximum of 90 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this A+ Technician Course?
- IT Technician, Enterprise Technician, PC Technician.
- Desktop Support Technician, Field Technician, PC Support Specialist.
- People considering a career as a PC Technician.
- Existing A+ certified professionals required to keep their certification current.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- None. It is however recommended that students have 6 to 12 months of hands-on experience working in PC maintenance or troubleshooting.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this A+ Technician Course
- Hardware: The central processing unit; Slot types and display devices; Input devices, ports, cables, and cooling systems; Storage devices; Installing and configuring computer components; Troubleshooting computer components
- Networking: Cable and connectors; installing networks; Network devices and troubleshooting
- Laptops and Portable devices; Working with laptops and portable devices; Configuring laptop power options; Using laptop peripherals; Troubleshooting laptops; Preventive maintenance for laptops
- Printers Set-up; Configuring and Troubleshooting.
- Safety, Environment and Customer Issues: Safety in the workplace; Hazards and safety precautions; Proper disposal procedures; Communication skills; Professional behaviour.
- Practice Exams.
- Operating Systems: Installing and configuring operating systems including Windows, iOS, Android, Apple OS X and Linux.
- Configuring: Setting up windows; OS Troubleshooting and Maintenance.
- Security: Hardware, software, and wireless security; Data and physical security; Installing and configuring security; Troubleshooting security; Maintaining security.
- Fundamentals of cloud computing and operational procedures.
- Troubleshooting: PCs, mobile devices, drives, motherboard problems, printers, laptops.
- Practice Exams.
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Certificate in PC Support from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive certification. Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Broadband internet connection.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- You may optionally take exams to receive CompTIA certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details
Student Reviews of this Course