Python eLearning course
- Course Fee: £355
- eLearning course leading to certification by CMIT.
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This Python eLearning course is completed online, at your own time, at a location that suits you. You progress through the course materials and complete the online lessons and tests. Python is developed under an OSI-approved open-source license, making it freely usable and distributable, even for commercial use. Python interpreters are available for the main operating systems as well (Linux, Mac OS, Windows, Android, iOS, BSD, etc.) so it’s very flexible in where it is used. Python has a simple syntax that makes it suitable for learning to program as a first language
This Python eLearning course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- FlashCards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this Python eLearning course?
- IT Developers who wish to enhance their programming skills.
- Entry-level software developers.
- Python developers and Data Analysts.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- None. It is however recommended that students have experience in computer programming.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Python eLearning course
- Intro to Course and Instructor.
- Getting Started with Python.
- Working with Primitive Data Types pt.2, 3, pt.4 and pt.5.
- Working with Multiple Assignments Statements.
- How to convert Types in Python.
- Learn how Creating lists work.
- Modifying lists.
- Sorting and reversing lists.
- Sliding lists.
- Working with Operators, three parts (1-3 covered).
- Determining Operator Precedence.
- Learning how to work with IF Statements.
- Working with For Loops.
- Working with While Loops.
- Looking at disaster recovery and back up with Nesting for Loops.
- Reading files part 1 and 2.
- Learning more on files.
- How merging emails works.
- Reading console inputs and formatting outputs.
- Reading command and line arguments.
- Defining functions.
- Using the default argument.
- Using keywords and positional arguments.
- Handling exceptions.
- Using math and random modules.
- Displaying daytime working directory and file metadata.
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Certificate in Python Coding from CMIT.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.