ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management – Level 7 (UK)
- Course Fee: £1555 Special Offer £1355
- Institute of Leadership and Management Level 7 (UK) Diploma in Leadership and Management.
- eLearning course with Tutor Support accredited by ILM.
- The course is completed over 18 months. Learners work at their own pace and may commence at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
This ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management is specifically designed for senior managers and leaders who want to develop themselves as leaders and managers, who recognise they have to satisfy various stakeholders and also want to invest in their own personal brand. They may manage the day to day operations and activities, and in doing so seek to make the best use of their resources, understand the need to innovate and have a constant awareness of the need to optimise performance. They may also have to present arguments for change, construct business cases, lead change implementation and evaluate the impact of that change.
The ILM Diploma course is assessed through assignments, the completion of a business case and a research-based project. This project may be on a variety of topics across a range of strategic areas. By choosing to study this course with CMIT, Students have 24×7 access to CMIT eLearning for the duration of the course. This includes a comprehensive Course Manual, Interactive Forums (with other learners), Online Library, Videos, Quizzes and personalised Tutor Support. The course documentation for this course is detailed and easy to read. You will also be able to upload assessments online and receive online feedback. You can use the eLearning system from any computer that has internet access.
Who should complete this ILM Level 7 (UK) diploma course?
This course is aimed at existing senior managers or those new to senior management who wish to develop their Leadership capability and effectiveness. This programme will require the Learner to present a case for change/improvement in their organisation. Learners will also be required to design and complete a comprehensive enquiry based research programme. This programme is not aimed at being a substitute for a primary qualification in a specific field of study, it is aimed at those wishing to gain an accredited professional higher level qualification to underpin their practical management and leadership capabilities.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
As this is an ILM Level 7 (UK) Certificate qualification, there are a number of eligibility requirements for entry to this programme.
- Academic Experience: Level 6 qualification on the National Framework of Qualifications. This qualification can be in any field of study.
- Work Experience: Where a Learner does not hold a level 6 qualification, they must have 5 years’ experience in a Senior Management role.
- Technical Skills: Learners are required to be proficient in the following: (1) Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and (2) advanced internet skills.
- Language Skills: Learners are required to have excellent written English skills as all assignment and project work will require the use of professional business English. Learners who have not been educated to a minimum of level 5 in English will be required to complete an English language test on enrolment. If you are a non-native English speaker you will be required to take an English language proficiency test.
- Self-directed Learning: Learners will be expected to take responsibility for the self-directed learning activities on the course and must be capable of studying on their own initiative. Learners must attend a number of online webinars and participate in online activities.
- Learners must hold a valid Irish PPS number or UK Social Insurance number.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
Am I eligible to enrol on this ILM Diploma course?
Read each of the following statements and answer Yes or No. If you answer Yes to all the questions, then you are eligible. If you answer No to any of the statements please contact the Student Support Team in the college, to discuss further.
- I am in a management role.
- I have a Level 6 Qualification and/or a minimum of 5 years in a senior management role.
- I am a fluent English speaker.
- I have excellent written business English skills.
- I can use a computer to produce documents, spreadsheets, presentations.
- I use online services (examples include social media, online shopping, online banking etc.)
- I will be able to undertake a strategic research project in my organisation as part of the course of learning.
- I will have access to stakeholders in order to present the findings of my research project and obtain feedback.
- I am capable of studying on my own initiative, and I understand that I will be required to complete additional research and reading as part of my studies on this programme.
- I have read the technical requirements and am satisfied that I meet these.
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Level 7 ILM Diploma course
Unit 1: Developing and maintaining a high-performance culture
- Management v. Leadership
- Leadership development
- Leadership skills audit and action planning
- The Balanced Scorecard
Unit 2: Developing a high-level business case
- Internal and external drivers of the business case
- Evaluating options
- Non-financial benefits
- Financial analysis
- Recommendation and rationale
- Implementing the Business Case
Unit 3: Developing leadership through enquiry
- The purpose of EBR
- Defining the research problem
- Defining research objectives
- Secondary research
- Primary research
- Developing conclusions and recommendations
- Devising action plans
- Stakeholder Impact Analysis
- Communicating your report and recommendations
- Learners are required to complete to create a business case for a planned improvement in your organisation. It is expected that the learner will implement / partially implement this improvement during the programme so that you can evaluate the impact of their business case.
- Learners will also be required to undertake an enquiry based Research project in their work environment. This will require learners to formulate a problem statement, design and conduct in-depth research, interpret and analyse the findings of their research, devise and develop conclusions and recommendations and communicate their findings and proposed recommendations to various stakeholders of the organisation.
- All work submitted must be the learner’s own work. There is no exam for this course.
- As part of our quality assurance, learner assessment work will be marked by an Internal Assessor, then checked by an Internal Verifier and an External Verifier.
Transfer and Progression to Further Studies
- Learners who successfully complete this programme may build on the units achieved towards another recognised ILM qualification.
- All registered candidates automatically become studying members of the ILM for 6 months, free of charge, and can enjoy a range of member benefits.
- Following successful completion, you will receive an ILM Diploma in Leadership and Management (Level 7 UK) from the Institute of Leadership and Management. This is an award on the UK Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF). CMIT is an approved ILM centre.
- CMIT is registered with ILM to offer programmes leading to ILM Awards.
- Click here for Accreditation Details