Amazon Web Services (AWS) eLearning course
- Course Fee: £355
- eLearning course leading to certification by CMIT.
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the worlds most recognised and widely adopted cloud platform, which offers over 175 fully recognised features from global data centres. Amazon Web Services (AWS) has millions of users globally using their services. As a cloud provider, it offers significant advantages in cost reduction, speed, reliability, and agility.
This course is designed for system administrators and provides them with skills and knowledge to set up, configure and manage the range of AWS cloud platform services.
This Amazon Web Services (AWS) eLearning course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat, or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- FlashCards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this Amazon Web Services (AWS) eLearning course?
- Individuals working in a systems admin/operations role.
- IT solutions architects.
- AWS developers.
- Business / Web professionals who wish to gain detailed knowledge of cloud computing.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- None. It is however recommended that students should have a basic understanding of IT services and their uses in the AWS Cloud platform.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this Amazon Web Services (AWS) eLearning course
Unit 1. Introduction
- Managing and configuring Mobile devices.
- Install and configure laptop hardware and components.
- Connect and configure accessories and ports of other mobile devices.
- Configure basic mobile device network connectivity and application support.
- Managing and configuring networks.
- TCP and UDP ports.
- Networking hardware devices.
- Wireless networking protocols.
- Using networking tools.
- Managing and configuring hardware.
- Cables, connectors, RAM, storage devices, peripherals, add-ons, motherboards.
- Setup SOHO devices.
- Managing and configuring printers.
- Virtualisation and cloud computing.
- Cloud computing client-side virtualisation.
- Hardware and network troubleshooting: problem-solving, hard drives, RAM, CPUs and power, video, printing, mobile issues.
- Practice exams.
Unit 2. AWS Web Services Cloud Platform Services
- Managing and configuring Operating systems.
- Windows, OS, command lines, control panels, Mac OS, and Linux.
- Managing and configuring Security.
- Logical security and physical security.
- Malware, social engineering, threats, vulnerabilities, mobile security.
- Software troubleshooting.
- OS, security, malware, application issues.
- Devising Operational Procedures.
- Documentation, change management, safety, environmental issues, licensing, remote access.
- Practice exams.
Unit 3. AWS Management of Service/Feature
- Deep Dive Introduction and Learning Objective
- VPC and Endpoint Services.
- How to operate DNS (Domain Name System).
- Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) Certificate Manager.
- Compute/EC2 Stand Alone and SA with AR.
- ASG and Suspended ASG Processes.
- Code Deploy.
- Backups/Recovery of EC2.
- Directory Service.
- Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3).
- Course Outro – End of course.
- Once you successfully pass the programme, you will receive a Certificate in Amazon Web Services (AWS) from CMIT.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.