CMIT Tutors and Staff
Meet the Team
Established in 2004, CMIT is a leading provider of certified/accredited eLearning and distance learning education in Ireland. Our mission is to provide the opportunity for people to gain a recognised qualification in the most convenient and flexible way possible – distance and online learning. CMIT Distance Learning courses are externally accredited and provide learners with the opportunity to gain a recognised award on successful completion of the stipulated assessment. Our Tutors are carefully selected as experts in their fields with extensive educational qualifications and practical experience. The role of CMIT Tutors is to correct assessments and to provide advice and support to students.
Sinead O’Connor – Student Services Director
Sinead O’Connor is Student Services Director with CMIT with wide-ranging experience in managing accredited training environments in Ireland. Sinead is responsible for all student services in the college and the day to day management of operations. Her educational qualifications are:
- Certified Trainer, QQI Level 6 Award
- Certificate in Training Needs Identification and Design, QQI Level 6 Award
- Diploma in Marketing, Marketing Institute of Ireland
- Certificate in Marketing, Marketing Institute of Ireland
Seán O’Connor – M.Sc. (Hons), MA (Hons), B.Sc. (Hons) – Managing Director and Tutor
Seán O’Connor is Managing Director with CMIT and a Business Tutor. He has over 25 years of experience in senior eCommerce roles with large corporates. He has advised companies such as AXA, 123.ie and KBC on online strategy, digital marketing, social media and eCommerce. He is a Qualified Google Ads Professional and a Google Partner. He has tutored and lectured at undergraduate level – including programmes which lead to QQI and Marketing Institute of Ireland awards. His qualifications are:
- Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing (Hons), University College Dublin (UCD)
- Master’s Degree in Management Science (Hons), Trinity College Dublin (TCD)
- Bachelor of Management Science Degree (Hons), Trinity College Dublin (TCD)
- Advanced Management Programme, Irish Management Institute
- Advanced Diploma in Marketing Techniques, Technological University Dublin (TUD)
- Diploma in Marketing, Technological University Dublin (TUD)
- Certificate in Marketing, Technological University Dublin (TUD)
- Certificate in Education and Training, NUI, Maynooth
Claire Fannin – B.Sc. (Hons) – Quality Director and Tutor
Claire Fannin is Education Director and a Business tutor with wide-ranging experience in managing accredited training environments in Ireland. She is responsible for co-ordinating CMIT’s quality assurance programme and has worked as a training quality assurance manager – verifying and assuring QQI and other accredited programs. She also tutors in management and marketing programmes. Her qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Management Science (Hons), Dublin Institute of Technology
- Certified Trainer, QQI Level 6 Award
Jen Myler – M.Sc., B.SS. (Hons) – Programme Director and Tutor
Jen Myler graduated from University College Dublin with an M.Sc. in Human Resource Management and from Trinity College Dublin with a Bachelor in Social Studies. Jen has experience working in Human Resource management for both SME’s and larger private sector organisations. Her experience includes roles within learning and development and compliance. Jen is the Programme Director, and her role involves the management, creation, approval and review of programmes of learning in the college. Jen also Tutors Management and Leadership programmes. Her educational qualifications are:
- M.Sc. Human Resource Management, University College Dublin
- B.SS. Social Studies, Trinity College Dublin
- QQI level 6 Instructing Manual Handling
- QQI level 6 Instructing People Handling
Dr Wendy Jane Rowan-Button – PhD, MA, B.Sc. (Hons) Psych – Psychology and Counselling Tutor
Dr Wendy Rowan-Button has extensive experience in Psychology and Organizational Behaviour in Ireland and the UK with over 15 years experience as a practising Organizational Psychologist and Lecturer. She is also qualified Psychiatric Nursing Sister with over 10 years experience and has also written extensively on her area of expertise for leading publications. Her education qualifications are:
- PhD, University of Salford
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Analysis and Behaviour, Lancaster University
- Bachelors Degree (Hons) in Psychology, Bolton Institute of Higher Education
Karen Cunningham – MA, BA, H-Dip – Business and Management Tutor
Karen Cunningham graduated from University College Cork with a Master of Arts. Karen’s previous experience includes working at management level within health services, hospitality and recruitment and employment services. With an interest in the adult education sector she returned to college gaining a H-Dip in Event Management and a training qualification and is now pursuing a career in tutoring and lecturing. Her educational qualifications are:
- MA Arts, University College Cork.
- BA Business, Sligo Institute of Technology.
- H-Dip in Arts, University College Cork.
- H-Dip Event Management, Fitzwilliam Institute.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Psychology, Staffordshire University.
- Train the Trainer, Level 6 award.
Sarah Jane Cashman – MBS (Hons), B.Eng. (Hons) – Business and Management Tutor
Sarah Jane is an experienced lecturer and business tutor. Sarah Jane is involved in delivering and assessing courses at NFQ levels 5 to 9. Previous experience includes lecturing at level 9 on business research methods, developing learning materials and online resources and dissertation support and supervision for level 9 learners. Sarah Jane is currently undertaking a PhD in the use of technology to support flexible adult learning. Her qualifications are:
- PhD (Waterford Institute of Technology, in progress)
- Master’s Degree in Business and Accounting (Hons), Cork Institute of Technology (CIT)
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Hons), University of Limerick (UL)
- Certificate in Financial Advice (Consumer Credit), Institute of Banking at University College Dublin (UCD)
- Training and Development QQI Special Purpose Award Level 6
Triona Barcoe – B.Sc. (Hons) – Business Tutor
Tríona is a Quality Assurance Executive and a Business tutor. She is responsible for supporting CMIT’s quality assurance programme and works as part of the certification team within the college. Tríona also tutors in Management and Business courses. Her qualifications are:
- B.Sc. (Hons) Retail and Services Management, Technical University Dublin
- Higher Certificate in Business Studies, Technical University Dublin
Jackie Breen BA, Solicitor – Criminology and Mediation Tutor
Jackie Breen is a practising Solicitor in Dublin. She is widely experienced and has held positions both in Private Practice and as an In-house lawyer. She is also a qualified Life and Business Coach and practices in areas of one-to-one coaching, career coaching and business coaching. She has significant experience in facilitating learning both in Legal and Corporate environments. Her educational qualifications are:
- Bachelor of Arts in Legal and Business Studies, Waterford Institute of Technology
- Diploma in Personal and Business Coaching, Irish Lifecoach Institute
- National Diploma In Business Studies – Export Law, Waterford Institute of Technology
- National Certificate in Financial Services, Institute of Bankers in Ireland
James Chapman BSc (Hons) – Web Design Tutor
James Chapman has extensive experience in IT and Web Design. A Freelance web designer he has experience designing and constructing a variety of websites ranging from charity websites to e-commerce and sales websites. James is also very experienced in IT systems and PC maintenance and repair. His knowledge and experience include:
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science, University of Manchester
- Excellent knowledge of hypermedia and web concepts including web design, HTML and XML.
- Experience with internet marketing and e-commerce.
- SQL and relational database Expert.
Adele Grazi M.Sc., MA, B.Sc. (Hons) – Psychology and Counselling Tutor
Adele Grazi has extensive experience in Psychology, Counselling specifically in Addiction Counselling and has worked internationally with organisations such as the Salvation Army. Having completed an MA and M.Sc. in Counselling Psychology and Work and Organizational Psychology respectively she is currently undertaking a PhD in Work and Organizational Psychology. Her educational qualifications are:
- PhD in Work and Organizational Psychology (currently studying), Dublin City University (DCU)
- M.Sc. in Work and Organizational Psychology, Dublin City University (DCU)
- MA in Counselling Psychology, Alliant International University, San Diego, USA
- B.Sc. Psychology, London Guildhall University, London, UK
Maria Holmes – Certification Administration
Maria Holmes is responsible for Certification Administration Services at CMIT. Maria has a background in student support provision with wide-ranging experience in certification administration, student registrations, student support and CMIT eLearning support. Her primary areas of responsibility at CMIT include certification administration for QQI, ILM and ABC qualifications, issuing of completion information and processing student certification queries.
Janet Kaya – Student Services
Janet Kaya is responsible for Student Services at CMIT. Janet has wide-ranging administration experience with a focus on information provision and support. Janet is responsible for providing course information to prospective students, facilitating course enrolment and providing pre and during course support to students. Her role in the student support team is focussed on ensuring that learners have access to and are aware of the supports available to them during their studies with the college.