CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+)
- Course Fee: Special offer £355
- Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- eLearning course leading to certification from Microsoft
- Students have 12 months to work at their own pace, and can start at any time of year.
- Click here to Enrol for this course online now
- Click here to Request a Prospectus
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification is aimed at professionals who are considering a career in IT or to develop a broader understanding of IT. It aims to assist those interested in IT to determine if they have a competency for information technology and if it is the right career path for them. ITF+ is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT making it ideal for non-technical professionals. This CompTIA IT Fundamentals course covers:
- Using features and functions of common operating systems and establishing network connectivity
- Identifying common software applications and their purpose
- Using security and web browsing best practices
This CompTIA IT Fundamentals Course includes the following features:
- Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations to develop your skills based on real-world scenarios.
- Unlike a live class, you can fast-forward, repeat or rewind all your lectures. This gives you all the benefit of hands-on training with the flexibility of doing it around your schedule 24/7.
- Flashcards and Education Games are also provided throughout the course.
- Practice exams prepare you for your exams. These exams are on average 100 questions to ensure you are 100% prepared if you are taking a certification exam.
- You can also interact and collaborate with other students through our forums, student contributions and announcement features.
Who should complete this CompTIA IT Fundamentals Course?
- Students considering a career in IT.
- Professionals working in fields that require a broad understanding of IT.
- Marketing, sales and operations staff in IT-based organizations.
- Those looking to gain knowledge of IT Concepts and Terminology, Infrastructure, Applications and Software, Software Development, Database Fundamentals and Security.
Entry Requirements / Prerequisites
- None. However it is recommended that candidates have basic Information Technology Knowledge.
- For technical requirements required to access CMIT eLearning click here>
- For more details on the suitability of this course click here>
How CMIT eLearning Works…
Topics covered in this CompTIA IT Fundamentals course:
IT Concepts and Terminology
- Introduction to Notational systems
- The basics of computing
- Understanding the value of data
- Introduction to troubleshooting
- How to set up and install common peripheral devices to a laptop/PC
- Securing a basic wireless Network
Applications and Software
- Managing application software
- Components of an operating system
- The purpose of methods of application architecture
- Introduction to programming language categories
- Interpreting logic
- Programming concepts
- Database concepts and structures
- Methods used to interface
- Principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability concerns of secure devices and best practice methods
- Following successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate in IT Fundamentals from CMIT.
- You may optionally take exams to receive certification. Exam fees are not included in the course price. Click here for exam information.
- Broadband internet connection of at least 10Mbps.
- Browser – we recommend Chrome or Safari for Tablet or Apple Mac; and Firefox or Internet Explorer for PC hardware.
- Operating System – PC (Windows 7 or later), Mac or Android.
- You may optionally take exams to receive Microsoft certification.
- Click here for Accreditation Details